The first written mention of the village of Pěnčín dates back to 1592. At that time it belonged to the Svijan manor, which was owned by Jaroslav of Vartenberk. In 1614 Jáchym Ondřej Šlik bought Svijany. After the confiscation in the post-Belogorian era, Albrecht von Wallenstein acquired the estate. The Wallenstein family held Svijany until 1814. Later, members of the princely Rohan family, residing at Sychrov Castle, became the owners of Svijany.
The surroundings of Pěnčín are very rich in cultural monuments and natural attractions. Pěnčín itself is predestined for hiking due to its location in a beautiful rugged landscape that provides views of the wide surroundings. On the sunny slopes there are many interesting places for visitors. To name but a few, the Kittel Museum, the Pěnčín excursion area with its farm and glass bead production, and BEADGAME, which offers a number of programmes for visitors and a small museum.