The origins of Lindava date back to the 14th century. In 1756 Josef Jan Maxmilián Kinský had two of his mirror factories built here (in nearby Velenice in 1760). Mirrors from Lindava went to customers all over Europe, and Lindava developed strongly from the 18th century onwards. (The building of the dominant mirror cutting plant is still standing and is protected by a monument (No. 308), but production is no longer taking place here).
From the mid-nineteenth century onwards, the textile operation of the yarn dyeing and bleaching factory (Johann Grohmann) was added.
In the twentieth century, the plants gradually disappeared and Lindava had to wait until 1992 for the return of glassmaking. A group of glassmakers acquired the former textile factory and founded the Ajeto glassworks. In time, a visitor circuit with a stylish glassmaking pub (restaurant) was established here.